Curious about what it’s like to work for Life Center? We’ve collected some of the most commonly asked questions we’ve received by potential employees and have shared them with you to make it that much easier for you to help you decide if caregiving is a career for you! If you have any additional questions that are not addressed below, please email or call us today. We want to answer any inquiries you may have!
About EmploymentAs a Human Services agency we recognize the importance of healthy relationships and friendships. Many of our staff today will tell you that one of the best parts of the job is not only the friendships that have been created with their peers and other employees, but with the people we support and their families. Start your caregiving career today and join a team of dedicated and compassionate people.
- What positions do you hire for?We are always hiring for a variety of positions; Direct Care, Caregiver, and a wide range of supervisory positions.
- Do you need to have a CNA or Medical Assistant certification?It is not necessary to have any previous education or certifications but candidates with education in related areas are welcome to apply.
- What are your training requirements?Training requirements are established by the county the services are provided in. All employees must have the basic training of; CPR, First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens and Recipient Rights. They may also include VCE online training. Life Center can provide these trainings if needed.
- What are some of the job responsibilities?The services we provide are individualized for each person and may vary depending the level of assistance required. In most cases, caregivers provide verbal or physical assistance with activities of daily living, transportation, meal prep and community activities.
- Do you have to have experience working with people with special needs?We would prefer if you have had experience or an understanding of our population, but it is not always necessary to have experience.
- What are your basic hiring requirements?Basic requirements:
- 18 years and older
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Confirmation of Auto Insurance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Do I have to have a Valid Michigan Driver’s license?Yes! At all times during your employment.
- Do I need to bring a vehicle to work or can I get dropped off?We require that you to have a vehicle on site with you at work at all times. We do not allow drop offs.
- Do you hire for full time positions?We hire for both full and part time positions depending on availability.
- Do you offer health benefits?We offer health benefit packages to full time employees only at time of full time status or during open enrollment periods. Our package includes Health, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance.
- How do I apply?You may apply online via our website, come into our Wayne County or Macomb County Offices Monday – Friday 9-4pm, or fax your resume to our HR team that does recruiting for the county you may be interested in.
Wayne County fax: 734 261-4659
Oakland and Macomb Counties fax #: 586 412-1889
- What shifts do you usually hire for?Typically we hire for afternoon or midnight shifts. There are some variations depending on settings